Thursday, November 13, 2014

Altered 5 Drawer chest

Hello there y'all! I have been working on this project for awhile now and am finally done. Perfect timing for Craft-Room Challenge's challenge to do something 3D. I hope this is 3D enough. Enjoy!

I got this 5 drawer box from SA Crafters.   You have to glue everything together and build it but that is part of the fun. This is the start. I used Aleen's Tacky Glue for the entire piece and it is a sturdy little sucker! I did spray the inside and outside of everything with Lindys Stamp Gang Mad Hatter Mint before the glue was applied. I used old hair ties to keep the pieces in place while the glue was drying. Use what you've got right? Lol



The hardest part of this piece was figuring out what I would cover the sides in and decorate the drawers with. I didn't plan on a garden type theme but that is how it played out and I am happy with the results. 
I mostly used the Bo Bunny Gabrielle collection. 
I edged all the papers with a Teak Wall chalker and used the TH distress tool. The papers were applied using Tombow glue (I love the stuff!). There are so many parts to this project I can't name it all and I was in the "zone" so I totally forgot to take before and after pics. :(
The 5 drawers turned out so cute!
This is the top of the piece. I try to use at least one item that I upcycle in every project. This one was the moss I found while camping and the twine on the side was given to me during an ATB swap.
This is one of the sides. The paper is Bo Bunny Gabrielle and one of the rub ons from the same collection. 
This is the other side of the piece. I wanted to be able to hang small items on the side so that the item could be out of the way drying or something to that affect. At least that is the plan. Hehe! 

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did making it. Carpe Diem!~€


This project will be shared with the following: 

Altered Eclectics-Always Anything Goes HERE 

Anything But a Card-Whatever Strikes Your Cre8time Fancy HERE

Rhedds Creative Spirit-Anything Goes as long as it is Altered Art Only HERE

Craft-room Challenge-Anything 3D HERE

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful alteration.All the drawers look fabulous and I love what you did with the sides ,especially the hanging part.Thanks for playing along with us at Anything but a card challenge #41.Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank ya bunches Pallavi. It was a process but an enjoyable one, thank goodness! It was one of those art projects that just flowed smoothly and everything worked the first time. We all love when that happens! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I really like the side where you plan on hanging little items to dry - ingenious! And it is MORE than 3D enough (hehehehe) ~ Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenges for our 3D challenge ~ Christi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure we all have problems with space in our craft rooms, so I try to use things in multiple ways to save space. Some work better in my head. Lol! Thanks for stopping by Christi!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness you little creative genius! This is fan-tastic! I love that you will now have a completely custom piece for your craft room! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca. We all love having those one of a kind pieces that we can use and enjoy. :)

      Delete
  5. love seeing this. i bought one of the small organizer with 20 drawers or so at least 3 years ago. maybe this will spur me on to take it out of the wrapping and start to work on it. thank you for all the individual pictures during the process. that really helps explain how to do it. love how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about getting a bigger one as well but wasn't sure on shipping costs. Those things are built tough and heavy. I hope you do yours so I can see it Janine!

      Delete
  6. Wow this is absolutely fantastic!!!! what a great project! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa. I hope to fill up the drawers today. Hehe!

      Delete
  7. This is certainly 3D enough for the challenge - it's fabulous, Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness Hazel. I love doing altered items. This little piece I spiref me to repaint my entire craft room from a chocolate color to Sassy Lilac and add some stenciling, change the light fixture.....I will have to do a post about it. Lol!

      Delete
  8. I so love your project...the drawers are fabulous and the outer sides are stunning.
    The criss cross cord and pegs is a super idea,so well thought out...
    A lovely entry in to our November Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it Sandra! I have yet to fill the drawers but plan on it this weekend. :)

      Delete
  9. so SO Fab!!! love it all ! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How Creative!!! I love all the super embellishments and elements you used. Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing with us at Anything but a Card and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Anything But a Card DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Lynne. And thank you for the reference to the tutorial. You are the first person to ever say that. Hugs back!

      Delete
  11. Fantastic! I am all for using what you have to get the job done! So many wonderful details. Please come play with us again at Anything But a Card! Neva, DT ABAC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Thank you Neva. I have yet to resume playing in any more challenges this month due to a total rehaul of my craftroom. I can't wait to get back to my craft fun when my room is done.

    ReplyDelete