Saturday, November 21, 2015

Many Thanks!

Oh boy have things been busy here! My DH has surprised me with Christmas lights on our new house, he knows how much I adore lights during the Christmas holiday. Such a sweetie he is! Now, onto this design.

We just celebrated Veterans Day here in the States and I am honoring all my heroes with this tag. This is my way of saying Many Thanks and I applaud your dedication through everything. Without you, I would not be free. My brother was in the service and all soldiers should be thanked repeatedly.
I started with a manila tag and covered it with my rusty patina aluminum tape. To create the rusty tape I embossed aluminum tape, applied Pool and Rust Alcohol Ink, then sprinkled some rusting powder randomly. Once everything was dry I stuck it to the tag and trimmed the edges. 
To create my center "ornament", I used some metal filigree corners and a TH sticker frame to form my bell shape ornament. The 3 gentlemen were inked onto some tissue paper and then painted over with a glaze to create my vintage image. See, you can use certain elements to create something completely different! I never would have thought all these different pieces could make such a nice ornament! Can you see the bell shape? 
I added the propeller with Glossy accents and the greenery is a pick. The sentiment is self explanatory. 

The rusty orange ribbon/bow was in some Happy Mail I received in a swap, I just sprayed it with Carbon Black DecoArt mister and applied some Rust Alcohol Ink to it. How do you honor your heroes?
Just a reminder, over at SanDee&Amelie's Steampunk challenge we are having our winter special! The challenge is Anything Goes and runs for 2 months, until the end of December. Check it out HERE

I would really enjoy sharing my tag with the following challenges


I have altered the metal filigree corners into a bell ornament featuring these wonderful 3 wise men

I just went to a local craft store and purchased the greenery pick I have used in this design and a new bottle or Rust Alcohol ink was used as well. 

I am celebrating Veterans Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas all in one. 






21 comments:

  1. WOW!!! My Steampunk guru, your tag is a work of art!!! Love the rusty colors and the way you framed the wise man! I am in Steampunk Heaven!!!
    We are in the process of putting up our lights too :)
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it is a big WOW from me too Samra, the backgrounds you created are superb, I love the mix of colours and the rusty undertones. Great ageing on the picture of the men too. I love this and it is a wonderful way to honour your heroes. My lovely brother spent his entire career in the Canadian Navy, saw many atrocities but thankfully is still with us. He is certainly my hero and I celebrate his life every day.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPs, don't know if I should be replying on someone else's blog, but it's Punkin, and she's cool, so she'll probably be OK with my rudeness! Anne, I'm so happy your brother is still with you! Your story touched my heart! Hugs!

      Delete
  3. OMG, Niki, it's a steampunk rust patina gem! I adore your steampunk creations and this tag is a masterpiece of art, my dear! Loving your amazing background and that frame is just super cool!
    Lots of love to you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy Doc, I am just loving your rusted patina background!! Way to put some foil tape to good use! A gorgeous tag and such a lovely way to honour the occasion. The frame is amazing, and I just love that you added a big loopy bow, awesome!!

    While I am here, I will also say thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Altered State' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Punkin' what a wonderful tag to celebrate Veteran's Day, and many thank you's to your brother for his service. I love that you have made this in a steampunk style, as well as an ornament. Will this go on your steam punk tree? You sure did put your creative thinking cap on with this to transform the filigree pieces, the sticker frame, and that image into a bauble! Love all the rustiness to everything--I LOOOVE rust! Well done! Hugs! I

    PS couldn't wait to get up this morning so I could see what you were up to! Internet was down for the most part yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous take on the thank challenge and a beautiful tag to thank our veterans! Thanks for playing along with us in the "Thanks" Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tag with all the colour and embossing. The foil tape looks gorgeous when you add both to it. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag, love all the texture! Thanks for joining us for our Remember the Fallen Emerald Creek Dares Challenge

    Karon DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is coolness! I'm so glad you shared how you did the metal - I am wanting to do this, but wasn't sure where to start. Just found some ages old alcohol ink that I didn't remember having - yay! I love the gentlemen you layered and all the yummy texture - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this!! Thank you for sharing over at Emerald Creek Dares - Remember The Fallen Challenge!!
    Cathy - DT Member Emerald Creek

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your tag is beautiful. I love all of the texture and colour. Thanks for sharing your project with us on the Emerald Creek Dares - Remember the Fallen Challenge.
    Katelyn - DT Member Emerald Creek

    ReplyDelete
  12. your tag is so beautiful.. love the technique on the backgrounds!! thanks for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all those gorgeous elements, and that background with the paints flowing amongst the pattern is just arty heaven for me. Some gorgeous work hun, you're so talented xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great metallic patina - a fabulous tag with a very worthy cause behind it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! I LOVE the way you've used metallic tape and added such gorgeous patina and texture!! Your tag is truly a work of art. It was a pleasure reading how you created this beauty. If it wasn't so late I'd be in my craft room trying my hand at it, though I'm sure I couldn't come close to your perfection. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great tag!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "shopping spree” challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown.
    Hope to see you again in our current challenge…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT Tuesday Throwdown)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super happy you received a shoutout at SSS, Niki! This was one amazing project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yippee! You GO, girl! congrats on your Designer Spotlight at SSS! So well deserved! hugs!

    ReplyDelete