Thursday, January 28, 2016

Wicked Wonderland

Ohhhh dearies, today has been a day. A day of frustration and everything that could go wrong, did. But that is okay because tomorrow is a new day and it's also Friday! TGIF! I really wanted to design something with a glass bottle, probably going to be years before I do it again. I also wanted to use polymer clay (it didn't turn out so it may show up on another project). Here is the end result.

I used gesso first but that didn't work well, so I added tissue paper around the entire bottle. I created an ombré effect around the bottom of the bottle using DecoArt paints and then added crackle paste over that.  

After the paste was dry, I washed it with diluted DecoArt Cobalt Teal Hue and then layered over that with DecoArt Interference Turquoise. It sure does shimmer and shine! 

I added the antiquing cream to the bottom of the bottle and then wiped off until I was happy. I used antiquing cream Titanium white on the lid. I added some snowflake rub ons as well. 

The snowflakes were painted to mimic the ombré paints of the bottle and glued down. SnowTex was used to add some faux snow and while it was wet Glamour Dyst was liberally sprinkled over it. More shimmer! 

I totally forgot to take in action pictures. Oops! Hope you enjoyed otherwise. Lol! Hugz and Carpe Diem! ~Niki

DecoArte products used: 
Media Acrylic-Cobalt Teal Hue, Media Acrylic Interference Turquoise, Media Acrylic-Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Media Acrylic Shimmer Mister-Turquoise, Media Antiquing Cream-Carbon Black, Media Antiquing Cream-Titanium White, Americana Satin-Turquoise Waters, Media Crackle Paste, Dazzling Metallic-Shimmering Silver, Dazzling Metallic-Purple Pearl, SnowTex-Snow Writer, Glamour Dust. 

I would like to share this altered bottle with: 







15 comments:

  1. Oh my, Niki, this is incredibly awesome altered bottle! I adore those colours, they are my favourites! What a wonderful rich texture and that faux snow is fabulous! You used Decoart products in such a perfect way! Completely breathtaking, my friend! Huge hugs to you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Niki,

    this is just gobsmackingly brilliant! The crackle has turned out perfectly and I love the subtle colour scheme you have used! Thank you so much for joining in our Winter Wonderland Challenge at DecoArt Media!

    Hugs!!!!
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! So happy you got 'er done! I'm off, but I'll be back to have a closer look!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Niki, this is amazing!! Not sure how you pictured it, but what I see here is incredible. Love the ombre effect and your colour choices are completely dreamy! Your big snowflake is such a wonderful focal piece. You really put your DecoArt products to great use!!

    I sure hope you have a better day today my friend. You know where I am if you need an ear or a shoulder. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry this bottle gave you fits. Because of this challenge I've been seeing a lot of altered bottles and wondered how on earth people get the medium to really adhere. Sorry it gave you fits, but the tissue was a great idea! So glad you conquered here! Beautiful bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Niki! Your altered bottle is truly a work of art! Such a technical genius move to use the tissue! Big round of applause for overcoming your obstacles! The snowy crackled frosty surface you made is SOOOO amazing! Adding the snowflakes, both stamped and 3 dimensional and the SNOW are just the icing on this beautiful cake! My new Punkin' favorite! You're really racking them up, my talented friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I missed the fact the black snow flakes are rub-ons! I won't hold that against them...they are still beautiful!

      Delete
  7. I think your bottle looks fantastic! Really well made. Have a nice weekend, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bottle. So glad you joined us in DecoArt's Winter Wonderland challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Niki, you have made me want to alter a bottle now! The crackle is amazing and I love the beautiful colour - it is nice to see the interference used, I have it but not tried it. The top of the bottle reminds me of a crown, it is gorgeous. Love it! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the effect of the textured tissue paper and fab paint and crackle effects.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is brilliant - I think the tissue paper worked a treat - it looks wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the ombré and crackle, stunning results.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous crackle Niki and love the snowflakes painted to mimic the ombre colouring on your altered bottle. Well done! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another wonderful bottle wonder!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete